Summer Camp Packing List
The following list is intended for all camps except Narrow Way Expeditions (NWE). If your child is registered for a NWE camp, you can find unique equipment lists for each trip on the Narrow Way Expeditions page.
Due to limited space and state regulations, please pack your child’s belongings in the appropriate storage container/bag as noted below for their designated camp:
- Wilderness Ridge (WR) Campers Only:
- Use a large, sealable plastic tub no taller than 24 inches (10-18 gallons recommended)
- To reduce the attraction of wildlife to the tepees, all items that are scented (ex. bathroom toiletries, hair supplies, deodorants, etc.), as well as any food items, will not be allowed in the tepees. Every WR camper will have his/her own indoor cubby space to store toiletries and food/snack items. Containers for these cubby spaces should fit into a space 7.5 ” tall x 12” wide x 12” deep.
- All Other Camps (Pioneer Camp, Mountain Village, Aspen View, and Lodge Camp):
- Use an “under the bed” plastic tote or a bag/suitcase that can fit under a bunk bed (up to 12 inches high).
- For bathroom supplies: use an easily transportable tote no larger than a shoe box
PLEASE LABEL ALL ITEMS WITH FIRST AND LAST NAME.
- Warm bedding or sleeping bag (“mummy” style sleeping bags are recommended for WR campers)
- 6 short sleeve shirts
- 4-6 pairs modest shorts
- 6 pairs of underclothes (socks, underwear, etc.)
- 3-4 long sleeve shirts (Lodge Campers will need at least one polypropylene shirt for rafting)
- 2-3 sweaters or sweatshirts
- 2 pairs of pants – full length for horse rides and night activities
- Pajamas (warm pajamas recommended for WR campers)
- Medium weight jacket (hat and gloves are also recommended for early summer weeks)
- Rain gear or poncho
- 2 pairs of shoes (one must be closed-toed & closed-heel: tennis shoe, hiking boot)
- 1 pair of shower shoes (flip flops, Crocs, etc.)
- Swimsuit (modest, 1-piece for girls/tankini is fine)
- Sunscreen with camper’s full name (State Regulation)
- Sunglasses and sunhat/baseball cap
- Flashlight or headlamp with batteries
- Water bottle that won’t leak when in a backpack
- Pen or pencils
- Towel & washcloth
- Toiletry items (soap, shampoo, toothpaste, chapstick, etc.) in a separate bag or container (see above)
- Bag for dirty clothes
- Daypack or small backpack
- Camper Medications in original container and box with our Medication Form (Visit our Camper Paperwork page for medication guidelines.)
- Dress-up Day Clothes (see below)
- Camera (we do not allow phones to be used as cameras)
- Deck of cards or book to read
- Stamps & envelopes
DO NOT BRING:
- Snacks that contain nuts or gum
- Electronic Devices (Cell Phones, Smart-watches, E-Readers, Ipods, etc.)
- Knives, firearms, weapons, alcohol, tobacco, drugs, vape devices, etc.
All clothing items packed for camp should be modest and cover undergarments completely.
For Parents of Younger Campers: Please make sure to oversee the packing process. It is a good idea to pack a few extras of any vital items in case of accidents or wet weather.
For Lodge Campers ONLY: Please make sure you bring shoes and clothing suitable for your half-day white water rafting trip with Noah’s Ark which is part of your camp package. Equipment will include items such as sandals with a back strap, extra tennis shoes that you don’t mind getting wet, or water shoes. You will also need to bring a polypropylene shirt. If you do not own the required items, you can bring extra cash and rent from Noah’s Ark Rafting Company the day of the event. Be sure to review the Required Equipment List.
For Pioneer Campers ONLY: The above packing list is meant for a full week of camp. Pioneer Camps are only half weeks, so please adjust the amounts of items accordingly.
For All Campers: Join the Fun! Optional Dress-up Days
- IdRaHaJe Sunday – Wear your favorite IdRaHaJe shirt
- Mahalo Monday – Wear a lei or Hawaiian shirt
- Tie-dye Tuesday – Pretty self-explanatory!
- Wildlife Wednesday – Throw on a wildlife shirt or an animal hat. Get WILD!
- Theme Thursday – Wear something that relates to our 2024 summer theme Let Him Be Known
- Fluorescent Friday – Pack your neon! We want to light up camp.
If you have any questions on the packing list, please contact us at 303-838-5668 or firstname.lastname@example.org.